Knights CEO hits out at Central Coast
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board
View previous topic :: View next topic  
JB
Bear Troll
Bear Troll

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:09 pm    Post subject: Knights CEO hits out at Central Coast Reply with quote

Today's Telegraph:

Knights CEO Steve Burraston hit out at suggestions that Central Coast should be drafted into the NRL competition.

"I don't think the Central Coast has the population or the business population to support a side. The demographics would support that," Burraston said.

"A Central Coast team would be looking to pinch players north and south so that would be detrimental to us and Manly. A second Brisbane side is a possibility. It has legs but maybe Perth is a better option."
Kodiaks
Permanent Fixture at Bear Park

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

we saw that.. not to fussed about this, all it will do is add to the local derby bewteen the Bears and the Knights..

"Knights try to stop the Bears from being admitted" I can see it now.. 22.000+ crowd at Gosford round 1 local derby between Knights and the Bears..

a sea of Red and Black and red and blue..flags flying..and banners as well..

Steve has mentioned before how he doesn't want the Bears there.. the thing is Steve doesn't want any other team there..well he has had it his own way for way to long. his had 10 years to keep his club financially on track, how much more years does he need..his boundaries go to Coffs Harbour. so whats he complaining about. The Bears should have been there in 1999.. so whats different now.. absolutely nothing... Bring on the BEARS!!!
Kodiaks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

also he says the population of 300 000 on the central Coast can't sustain an NRL side.. Yes Steve we know this, that is why the North Shore of 700 000 is also included in the CC Bears demographics...can someone educate the CEO of Newcastle to this fact please...

and here we have a club thats been out of the NRL for 10 seasons and just secured a 3 million dollar sponsorship with more to come...Maybe Steve should be out trying to get more sponsorship for his Knights,instead of trying to stop the Central Coast and the North Shore of having their own team...
Owen Legg
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great to see Newcastle's CEO having a moan. So how many juniors do Manly and his club have in their squads. Sorry, to tell you this Steve but ALL NRL clubs pinch from each other. Now if the NRL had a junior development player scheme in their salary cap - e.g. Menzies (local Manly junior) about 50% from cap after 5 years then clubs may pay more attention to developing their juniors.

Also, from Hornsby to Lismore is a pretty big area for a junior base for Newcastle.

BRING ON ANOTHER DERBY

The tradional one Bears vs Manly and Central Coast vs Newcastle Moaners.

How many juniors have come from Melbourne and yet I do not hear Steve whinging about Melbourne stealing players.

Sorry, Steve can't have all the cake and icing. Have the wooden spoon to stir.

BRING BACK THE BEARS
Fighting Bear
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 3:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

guys

This does re-introduce a major issue for the CC Bears that has been around for 10 years. Many NRL clubs are struggling, often because the mamagement are clueless morons.

Suddenly, the CC Bears pops up - again - bringing north shore and central coast regions back to rugby league - with a multi-million sponsor on board already.

No wonder fat turds like Peter Peters and the other clubs feel threatened. Manly can't even find a CEO stupid enough to go to that dying club.

However, it also means that many CEO's, behind the scenes, will agitate against a CC Bears team.
Kodiaks

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey didn't Steve son play for the Bears Jersye flegg side..a couple of years ago...check that out Girvie I think he did.. I remember the name..
RayJayBear
Bear Cub

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
A Central Coast team would be looking to pinch players north and south so that would be detrimental to us and Manly

Anything detrimental to Manly i'm all for! Very Happy
babybear
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i for one would never swap our ceo flo is a true legend both on and off the field
Bears4Life
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kodiaks wrote:
Hey didn't Steve son play for the Bears Jersye flegg side..a couple of years ago...check that out Girvie I think he did.. I remember the name..

Yes he did.
Ourimbah Magpies
Bears Fan
Bears Fan

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bad luck I say, Steve Burraston can go and fly a kite, hell he has the whole Newcastle region to draw from, and as Kodiaks said it will only add added fuel to the local derby between the Central Coast and Newcastle, he's just worried that the Wyong Kangaroos (Newcastle Premiers 2009) will return to the Central Coast where they should be.
Fintan O'Laighin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bears4Life wrote:
Kodiaks wrote:

Yes he did.

Joel Burraston played half a season (9 games) for North Sydney Jersey Flegg in 2007. He was a useful halfback or five-eighth if I recall. He played SG Ball for Newcastle in 2006 and for Newcastle U20s in 2008.
girvie
Bears Forum Mod
Bears Forum Mod

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fintan O'Laighin wrote:
Bears4Life wrote:
Kodiaks wrote:

Yes he did.

Joel Burraston played half a season (9 games) for North Sydney Jersey Flegg in 2007. He was a useful halfback or five-eighth if I recall. He played SG Ball for Newcastle in 2006 and for Newcastle U20s in 2008.

We lost all nine games.
BearsFanDave
Site Admin
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can someone remind me the name of the Superleague Newcastle team that last a season or two? Was it the Mariners?
What ever happened to Newcastle getting a leagues club? There was talk ages ago about Newcastle Wests becoming their club or something
Kodiaks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hunter mariners wearing yellow and blue
Kodiaks

PostPosted: Fri Oct 16, 2009 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lasted 1 season.. ironicly the same colours as cumberland, also in yellow and blue...and only lasting 1 season in 1908...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Mighty Bears Forum Index :: General Board All times are GMT + 10 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: